REVIEW: THE FACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil

Monday, September 15, 2014

Annyeong chingus! Today classes were suspended because of yesterday's heavy rain but I still have to go to work. Boo! Wish I was still a student :( Okaaaaaaaaaay . . . it's been days since I last updated and a few of my friends have been asking me to do reviews already. REJOICE! I'm finally posting one!




Brand: The Face Shop
Product Name: Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
Size: 150 mL
Price: KRW 7,000  (PHP 300)

Description: (from the international The Face Shop website)

A fresh cleansing oil for oily skin, cleansing thick makeup and impurities with light touch (contains natural rice bran ingredients, mineral oil free) - - - the site also says it is for all skin types. GULO AH!

Application:

Pump an adequate amount of product (usually one or two is enough) on the palm of your hands and spread the oil all over the face. Massage face gently in circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water then wipe face with a washcloth.


Ingredients:

ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE . CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRGLYCERIDE . SORBETH-30 TETRAOLEATE . POLYGLYCERYL-10 DIISOSTEARATE . ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN OIL . SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL . WATER . GLYCERIN . BUTYLENE GLYCOL . ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) EXTRACT (15mg) . SAPONARIA OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT . FRAGRANCE . BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL . HYDROXYCITRONELLAL . LIMONENE . LINALOOL

I checked out this nifty site from a few beauty bloggers I visited = Cosdna. You can search for the product you want to know about and it will list the ingredients and information on whether it is safe to use or not. Saves me from googling each ingredient listed on a product!

CosDna analysis for Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil

As mentioned previously, I was (PAST TENSE DUDE... NOT ANYMORE) the type to go to sleep without removing the make-up I wore for the day (OMO! SKINCARE SACRILEGE!!!). After being introduced to the Korean skin care regimen I became more attentive to cleansing since it was the first step in the whole process. Koreans do something called "double cleansing" and we should all jump into the bandwagon! Double cleansing consists of using an oil-based cleanser (to break down cosmetics plus remove sebum) and a foam-based cleanser (to remove oil residuals plus other dirt).

Very light consistency akin to water.
Swatches ready to be subjected to a cleansing test. Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof eyeliner, Sephora #18 Color Lip Last, Clio Guilty Pink Lipnicure, MAC Beguile Brow Set and Clio Kill Black Waterproof Pen Liner.
Did a 15-second water test just to make sure the products are hard to remove.
Aside from the brow set which is not really waterproof or smudge-proof, the rest didn't budge even after a bit of rubbing.
Pumped one drop of the product and started gently massaging in circular motions using one finger. Notice that there are no visible lines anymore! BUS YAN!
Rinsed with lukewarm water to emulsify then wiped off with a wash cloth. TADAH! AMAZING RIGHT?! And my skin feels baby soft!
The first time I used this I hated it! What I did was pump product into a cottonball and rubbed my face with it, toner-style. I felt greasy and the product actually stung my eyes! After reading the proper way of using the product I realized that the cotton was not distributing the product equally and excess oil was dripping on my eyes when I pressed the cotton near them. OUCH!

My thoughts:
  • The design of the whole bottle is simple yet still appealing. I'm getting an oriental vibe from it 
  • I love the fact that it has a pump dispenser. Also if you noticed there is a little black clip at the base of the nozzle. It's there to prevent any unnecessary product spillage. MESSY BESSY IS NOT ALLOWED! 
  • The scent is very light and doesn't linger for too long
  • Not greasy after wiping with a washcloth, makes my face feel fresh and baby soft.
  • The company's description is legit since it did a great job removing all of the make-up I tested
  • Worth repurchasing, however since this is my first oil-based cleanser, I will have to try different brands so I can give comparisons
The verdict: 5/5

Have you tried this product before? Was it a rave or rant experience? Comment below!

-끝-
*kkeut/the end/fin/tapos na/wala ng kasunod/it's over



3 comments:

  1. maganda din pala yan no? ung binili ko kc missha na cleansing oil in tissue, di mabura ung lipnicure T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pang tamad ang facial tissue! Dapat hilamos galore talaga everyday :P

      Delete
  2. what store in manila is this product available.
    TIA

    ReplyDelete