ANNYEONG BLOGGING WORLD!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Koreans celebrate King Sejong as the creater of Hangul (the modern day Korean alphabet)
First post. WOOOOAHHHH *sabog confetti*. Well I was supposed to introduce myself and the blog but I'm putting everything in the About page so just open it if you want to know more about me. It's still under construction though. Okay. Let's get down to business right away!

WHY ANNYEONGISM?! Well for starters, 안녕하세요/Annyeong haseyo which means hello/how are you/good morning/good afternoon/good night/goodbye (SERIOUSLLLYYY ALL THAT) is probably the most basic Korean expression. It is used in formal settings and shows respect, especially to those who are older than the speaker. On the other hand, 안녕/Annyeong is the shortened form and is used in exchanges between those of the same age (something like hi/WADDUP/what's poppin? Haha did I just say what's poppin'?). I’d like to think of everyone who visits the blog as my 친구/chingu (friend) because I know you wouldn’t be here if we didn’t have the same interests regarding the blog’s topics hence the “annyeong”. It would also be a mouthful if I decided to name the blog: ANNYEHONGHASEYOISM, right? NOT COOL. I added the suffix –ism because it means “the act, practice, or process of doing something”. So if I thought about it correctly, my blog’s name must mean: the act, practice or process of saying hello. CORRECT ME IF I’M WRONG!!! Acknowledging one another, sharing smiles and exchanging greetings, doesn’t that sound nice? Kkk. That’s it! The etiology of annyeongism, my brain’s byproduct.

Okaaaaaay. Moving on. September is my birth month and since it coincided with my debut as a wannabe blog-dol (HAHA DOES THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE?) I am holding *drum rolls* a series of giveaways via raffle! A little something from all of the topics I will be blogging about except for TRAVEL. So that’s BEAUTY, DRAMA, EVENTS, FASHION, FOOD and KPOP. (YOU: BAKET WALANG TRAVEL? ME: YUNG TOTOO?! Kulang sa budget teh, dadating din tayo jan sa bonggang roundtrip ticket to Korea. KAKASIMULA KO LANG, DEMANDING. Kkk). I'll be posting the items and how to join soon :)

P.S. I will also be posting stuff from eons ago so please be reminded to always read thoroughly (baka akala niyo yung kinukwento ko recent lang, yun pala 2 years ago na! Kkk). I am a lazy fangirl, I take pictures but do not upload them because I think editing is such a hassle. I am Photoshop noob so do not expect awesome edits here, I will however try to learn. I am now forced to do so to add content to my blog! HAHA. I will be documenting everything note-worthy that happened since I became "koreanized". I will not do it in one go because that would be overwhelming. Once a week perhaps? I'm thinking every Monday should do the trick. Until I completely share events that has transpired I shall be posting #MondayMemories. 

That’s it for now. What are the topics you are excited to read about here in Annyeongism? Write it down at the comments section below! Kiss kiss.

-끝-
*kkeut/the end/fin/tapos na/wala ng kasunod/it's over

2 comments:

  1. I am Photoshop noob so do not expect awesome edits ...

    KEKEKE!!! I fully understand, I do not even use filter for my selcas! LOL --- Shawol Eonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anneyong Blogging Partner!

    Let's have fun in the blogosphere, neh? :P

    ReplyDelete