My first Korean skincare haul

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I cannot believe the amount of time I spent setting up these products so I could take pictures of them! I think I started around 3PM and now it's already past 7 PM!
Annyeong chingus! I was supposed to do a lot of things this afternoon but ended up staying indoors because it was raining. I'm actually on vacation leave right now so I have a lot of time to spare. Instead of lying in bed watching kdramas I decided to do a photoshoot for my skin care products. These were purchased last June, when me and my 남자친구/namja chingu (boyfriend) went to Korea for our vacation.


 Before all this, I owned only two types of skin care product. The first one was facial wash. I had one from Etude House, which was actually something my sister bought me when she went to Korea 2 years ago (I never really finished using it and one day it smelled rancid so I threw it away) and another from Tony Moly. The second one was a cream moisturizer from Kiehl's. I was forced to buy one after using Tony Moly's facial wash. My skin felt like it was parched everyday so I researched and learned I needed a moisturizer.

To be honest I felt like I had absolutely zero knowledge about skincare products when I was buying them that time. I chose products based on their design (ANG CUTE/COOL NITOOO *shoot sa basket* ) and whatever the sales assistant offered me. HAHA. For 25 years I have never really had a skin care regimen. It didn't bother me a bit when I slept with make-up still stuck to my face before (QUE HORROR). I'm not prone to breakouts and my pores are unnoticable so I didn't have the initiative to actually take care of my skin. 

THEN I WENT TO MYEONGDONG, SEOUL AND WAS INTRODUCED TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF KOREAN SKINCARE. LOL.

MYEONGDONG. A shopacholic's paradise. 

MYEONGDONG. Where everywhere you turn is another branch of a brand. Kkk. First timers beware: YOU WILL GET LOST.

When I first arrived in Myeongdong I was so overwhelmed I didn't remember to take pictures. I was so amazed by the number of shops and shoppers! Note to self: Take more pictures next time.

OKAY. ENOUGH WITH THE CHIT-CHAT. I will now start showing you my haul! EGGZOITING! I will be presenting them by brand and will list the product names so that if anything catches your eye, you know what it's called. LET'S GO!

the SAEM
I love me some G-dragon.
(from left to right)
1. Smart Auto Pore Cleanser EX
2. Gold Snail Wrinkle Plumper
3. Gem Miracle Black Pearl O2 Bubble Mask
4. 95 % Jeju Fresh Aloe Soothing Gel

Free samples:
- face mask
- CHAGA Anti-aging Skin  x 2
- Gdragon shirt

Pestered this sales assistant to give me a free GD shirt. SUCCESS!
Let me butt-in again! I have a funny memory when we were buying stuff at The Saem. The sales assistant was very clingy and kept showing me products. She was happily explaining the products while assuming I understood every word after I told her I was a 학생 haksaeng (student). I ended up buying items even after telling them repeatedly that it was 비싸다/ bissada (expensive). LOL. Her style of sales talk was OMG. She actually showed me a picture of her son on her phone. I told her that I though she was still young. She said her age was around 30+ already but her skin looks young because of a certain product. She then instructed me to look in the mirror and then ... SHE PLACED HER FACE NEAR MINE AND TOLD ME "MY SKIN LOOKS MORE FRESH". HAHA. To add insult to injury she added that if my skin was as good at hers that boys would love it. HAHAHAHA. INTENSE. In the end I got salestalked and bought the product after making a deal with her (EONNI GD SHIRT JUSEYO!!!). Other people would be offended but it was so funny I just laughed it off.

Holika Holika
Not sure if Park Shin Hye is still their endorser because I saw her in a Mamonde ad. Jung Il Woo is also one of their celebrity endorsers.
1. Pig-nose clear blackhead 3-step kit
2. Egg Soap Special Set
3. Anti-Wrinkle Make-up Starter
4. Silky Baby Foot One-Shot Peeling
5. 03 Volume & Curl (waterproof) Magic Pole mascara

Free samples: (they gave me a full sized product, an eyeliner and lots of samples)
- Good Cera Steam Cleansing Lotion (full sized)
- Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner
- Good Cera Ultra Emulsion
- Good Cera Ultra Toner
- Nabi cream
- Wine Therapy Sleeping Mask

banila co.

Girl's Generation's Jessica is their current celebrity endorser.


1. Golden Aloe Soothing Body Wash
2. Golden Aloe Mask Sheet (firming)
3. Golden Aloe Mask Sheet (moisturizing)
* the mask sheets were a 10 + 10 promo, I gave some away to my colleagues when I got back from vacation

Free samples:
- Claypatra Mineral Salt Clay Pack
- Clean It Zero cleansing balm
- CC it brightening cream

NATURE REPUBLIC
SM Entertainment's EXO for Nature Republic.
1. Fresh Deodorant spray - FLORAL x 2
2. Natural Soo 95 - White Birch mist spray x 2

Free samples:
- Snail Solution 90 skin booster x 2
- Snail Solution foam cleanser

Onl
I couldn't remember the name of the celebrity endorser but she is quite a well-known actress (KUNG  LALAKE SIGURO ALAM KO NA, KASO BABAE EH HAHA.

1. Finger Painting Draw Eye Crayon x 2
2. Off The Face blackhead 3-step kit
3. Saladit Real Skin Salad Bar wash-off pack x 12
* they were having an ongoing 50% promo so they didn't give out free samples

Skinfood
Lee Jong Suk. SUKKIE IS MINE. GO AWAY!
1. Premium Tomato Whitening Essence
2. Food Therapy Bath Salt - Grapefruit (I do not even know why I bought this! We don't have a bath tub here at home. LOL)

Free samples:
- Food Therapy Quinoa Rich Body Wash
- Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB cream
- Good Afternoon Honey Black tea BB cream

Shot Sukkie first but saw this ad while checking out a magazine. I couldn't bear deleting Sukkie so I added this for good measure. The girl is an actress named Ha Yeon-soo. I liked her in the drama Monstar.
THEFACESHOP
Was too lazy to look for a Suzy picture. Kkk.
 1. Chia Seed Water 100 cream

CLIO
The Philippine's krung krung! Sandara Park. I got to sit next to her a few months ago during Lydia Paek's concert! 
1. Kill Black Waterproof Pen Liner

PHEW! That wasn't even a lot but I got drained while doing this post! Korean companies sure know how to make a blogger use her typing skills. Those product names were too long. Kkk. I'm done! When I actually do get to reviewing each product I will be giving info about the brand, how it's used and how I feel about it. I will also be indicating the Korean retail price plus it's dollar/peso equivalent. If ever it's sold here in the Philippines, I will be including that too (WARNING:MAHAL DITO. MAHAAAAAAAAAAAL).

SAMPLES GALORE!!! HOW CAN ONE NOT LOVE KOREAN SHOPPING?

Did any product catch your attention? Which product are you excited to see me try out? Comment below and let's be beautiful together! Kiss kiss.

-끝-
*kkeut/the end/fin/tapos na/wala ng kasunod/it's over


3 comments:

  1. Omg haha~ Love the haul! Wishing to go to Korea hopefully this year to have my first haul too *Q*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korea is amazing! Can't wait to see your haul :D

      Delete
  2. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, galvanic professional grade skin care machine wrinkle zapper

    ReplyDelete